Board of trustees
Functions of the Board of Trustees
The governing bodies of the Etxepare Basque Institute are the Board of Trustees, the Executive Committee and the director.
The Board of Trustees meets at least once a year and its duties are:
- Proposing priority activities for the Institute.
- Before approving them, acquainting itself with the budget, execution of the budget for the previous tax year, the Institute’s general plan of activities and the annual report, and drawing up reports about these this.
- Proposing initiatives which might help in order to improve the Institute’s activities and fulfil its objectives.
- Acquainting itself with the organisation of, and any changes to the rules and regulations governing activities proposed by, the Executive Committee and drawing up a report on this.
- Proposing courses of action regarding the diffusion of Euskara and Basque culture.
- Asking for successful activities in other linguistic or cultural areas to be transferred.
- Maintaining relations and links with internationally influential organisations, on the understanding that these organisations might help the Institute to fulfil its objectives.
Members of the Board of Trustees
(Some representatives of the Basque Government to be confirmed)
- Iñigo Urkullu Renteria, President of the Basque Country (Lehendakari)
- Bingen Zupiria Gorostidi, Culture and Language Policy Minister (Basque Government)
- Mª Angeles Elorza Zubiria, Secretary General of Foreign Action (Basque Government)
- Joxean Muñoz Otaegi, Deputy Minister of Culture, Youth and Sports (Basque Government)
- Adolfo Morais Ezquerro, Deputy Minister for Higher Education and Research (Basque Government)
- Miren Dobaran Urrutia, Deputy Minister of Linguage Policy (Basque Government)
- Miren Itziar Agirre Berriotxoa, Deputy Minister for the Treasury and Financial Policy (Basque Government)
- Lorea Bilbao Ibarra, Representative of the Foral Diputation of Bizkaia
- Miren Garbiñe Mendizabal Mendizabal, Representative of the Foral Diputation of Gipuzkoa
- Igone Martínez de Luna Unanue, Representative of the Foral Diputation of Araba
- Irene Larraza Aizpurua, Director of the Etxepare Basque Institute
Non ex-officio members
a) Basque letters, philology and culture representatives:
- Josune Ariztondo Akarregi
- Ignacio Mª Dorronsoro Plazaola
- Ion Zarate Sesma
- José Antonio Rodríguez Ranz
- Begoña Pedrosa Lobato
- Beatriz Herraez Dieguez
- Iñaki Salvador Gil
- José Antonio Fernández Gutierrez
- Jaime Otamendi Muñagorri
- Ana Toledo Leceta
- Oscar Castaño Beleirón
- Francisco Valderrama Arrieta
- Laura Etxebarria Lus
- Myriam Miranda Berroeta
- Leire Bilbao Barruetabeña
b) Proffesional Basque culture representatives, nominated by the Basque Parliament:
- Iñaki Arteta Orbea
- Amaia Espinosa
- Itziar de Blas Fernández de Gamarra
- Felipe Juaristi Galdos
- Iñigo Zabalza Landa