Calendar - Classical music
Featured events of the month
Basque accordionist Gorka Hermosa will offer different concerts and Master Classes in Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay and Chile in August. Winner of several awards, he has launched four CDs and colaborated in morethan 30 works. He has also written four books about the history of the accordion.
* 01/08/2015: Porto Alegre (Brasil). "Accordion solo concert & Master Classes".
* 06/08/2015: San Jorge Pvcia de Santa Fe (Argentina). "Accordion solo concert & Master Classes".
* 07/08/2015: Parana (Argentina). "Accordion solo concert and Master Classes".
* 08/08/2015: Salto (Uruguay). "Accordion solo concert".
* 09/08/2015: Paso de los Toros (Uruguay). "Accordion solo concert".
* 10/08/2015: Durazno (Uruguay). "Accordion solo concert".
* 11/08/2015: Buenos Aires (Argentina). "Conference about "The accordion in the 19th century" and accordion solo concert".
* 14/08/2015: Villa Alemana (Chile). "Accordion solo concert".
* 15/08/2015: Osorno (Chile) "Accordion solo concert".
* 17/08/2015: Villa Alemana (Chile). "Master Classes".
* 18/08/2015: Santiago (Chile). "Master Classes and accordion solo concert."
Euskal Barrokensemble continues performing ancient, classical and popular music all over the world. The group founded and directed by Enrike Solinis is already a regular participant at the most relevant international festivals.
These are their next performances for Spring and Summer:
7 & 8 Hamburg, Enrike Solinís & NDR
8 Boston, Hesperion XXI
25 Granada, Accademia Del Piacere
28 Potsdam, Enrike Solinís & Euskal Barrokensemble
18 Fontfroide, Enrike Solinís & Euskal Barrokensemble
28 Salzburg, Hesperion XXI
18 Rioja , Enrike Solinís & Euskal Barrokensemble
21 Femap, Enrike Solinís & Euskal Barrokensemble
22 Femap, Enrike Solinís & Euskal Barrokensemble
6 Poznan, Enrike Solinís & Euskal Barrokensemble
8 Vitoria-Gazteiz, Enrike Solinís & Euskal Barrokensemble
The Basque string quartet Aupa Quartet will start a tour throught China. This is their schedule!
November 26: Concert at the inauguration of the Fair Festival DongDong (Beijing)
November 27: Aluba livehouse (Beijing)
November 28: Jianghu club (Beijing)
November 30: Hangzhou Jazz Festival (Hangzhou)
November 2: Nantong
November 5: Main Theatre Shanghaiko (Sanghai)
Tour of the pianist Josu Okiñena, dedicated to Aita Donostia, with the support of the Etxepare Basque Institute.
ATXAGA CHAIR- ETXEPARE INSTITUTE
Skylight Room - University of the City. Nueva York, 6 PM
BASQUE STUDIES CENTER OF NEVADA.
Nightingale Concert Hall - University of Reno. Nevada.
Fine Arts Building, 8pm
CCE - MIAMI
Conservatorio Conchita Espinosa. Miami, 11 am
CCE - MIAMI.
Conservatorio Conchita Espinosa. Miami, 7 pm
The piano player Josu Okiñena will offer a conference-concert at the Skylight Room of CUNY (City University of New York): A delicious approach to the work of the renowned Basque composer, folklorist and researcher José Gonzalo Zulaika, known as Aita Donostia.
The concert has been organized within the Bernardo Atxaga Chair and tries to disseminate Basque folklore through the work of Aita Donostia.
6 p.m. , Skylight Room - CUNY