Functions of the Executive Committee
- Approving the Etxepare Basque Institute’s general plans of action.
- Approving aid and grant programmes, as well as the basic criteria for awarding these programmes.
- Approving the annual draft budget.
- Approving the annual report.
- Approving the staff list.
- Approving the in-house staff and payment system, according to the applicable legal stipulations.
- Approving the hiring of area directors.
- Proposing any changes to the Institute’s organisation or rules and regulations governing its activities to the Executive Committee of the Basque Government.
- Detailing the basic criteria for signing agreements and protocols.
- Establishing the costs of the Etxepare Basque Institute’s activities.
- Creating when necessary, with the prior approval of the Executive Committee of the Basque Government, companies, foundations or non-profit organisations in order to better fulfil objectives.
- Approving the creation or closing of the Institute’s dependent centres, after having received prior approval to do so by the Executive Committee of the Basque Government.
- Acquainting itself with any proposal to appoint a director of the Etxepare Basque Institute, and giving its opinion on this.
- Discussing all topics related to promoting Euskara and Basque culture as a result of initiatives by members of the Board of Trustees, the Directorship or the Executive Committee.
- Approving general guideline proposals put forward by the Institute and discussing these proposals in order to do so.
- Giving approval for any costs exceeding 5,000,000 euros. Approval for costs below this figure is the responsibility of the Institute’s director.
Members of the Executive Committee:
- Chair: Bingen Zupiria
- Gorka Alvarez Aranburu
- Francisco Javier Arnaez Arrecigor
- Estibaliz Alkorta Barragan
- Myriam Miranda Berroeta
- Jaime Otamendi Muñagorri
- Irene Larraza Aizpurua