The Etxepare Basque Institute is a body whose mission is to universalise the most significant expressions of Basque culture. Its principal objectives are the following:
- To contribute to and promote international recognition of the Basque language.
- To encourage the universal teaching, study and use of Basque.
- To stimulate research concerning Basque culture, especially at universities and higher research bodies.
- To contribute to developing interest in Basque culture.
- To promote cultural projects carried out in the Basque Country internationally: to encourage the necessary measures and activities, especially fomenting and guaranteeing cultural offerings in the Basque language.
- To work jointly with Basque artists, agents and producers. To offer new possibilities in accordance with their needs and to create new means of making contact with international bodies and promoters: artists are the assets; the Institute, the bridge.