Etxepare- Laboral Kutxa Translation Prize 2017
The goal of this convocation launched by the Etxepare Basque Institute and Laboral Kutxa is to award a prize to a published translation of a literary work which was originally written in Basque. The prize will reward the quality of the translation itself and the publisher’s promotional strategy. For that reason, the publisher and the translator will share the prize.
The prize will be worth 4,000 euros. The publisher and translator will each receive half that amount.
As well as the prize, the prize-winners will receive a grant of up to 2,000 euros for being able to come to the prize-giving ceremony and continuing with the promotional strategy in the country of publication (presentations, events, publicity campaigns, media interviews…).
Conditions the candidates must fulfil
- Applications will be accepted from translators, publishing houses or anyone else who works in the field of publishing, literature or translation.
- The translation must have been published in 2016.
- It must be a published literary work originally written in Basque.
Deadline, place and method for presenting applications
The period for applications is from the 5th of June to the 30th of June (both included).
The application and the following documents should be sent by email to email@example.com:
- The translator’s CV.
- A report on the publishing house. The report should include the promotion events done before the application as well as the events planned for the near future.
- The first 15 pages of the translated book.
Within the same period, to complete the application one copy of the translated book should be sent to: Etxepare Basque Institute office: Tabakalera building, Andre Zigarrogileen plaza 1, 20012 Donostia-San Sebastián.