Lasala and Maite Guevara: Fira Tàrrega

Euskara. Kultura. Mundura.

Lasala and Maite Guevara: Fira Tàrrega
  • 09
    Sep 2021
    12
    Sep 2021
    Tàrrega

Two Basque companies, Lasala and Maite Guevara, will take part in the 40th edition of Fira Tàrrega, the prestigious street arts fair. This year’s event will take place from September 9th to 12th under the slogan ´Inhabiting the space´, with a regulated return to on-site theatre after its suspension last year. In collaboration with the Etxepare Basque Institute, the two Basque companies will take part in the Basque ‘window’ organised by BASQUE PERFORMING ARTS (the brand for the promotion and international dissemination of the Basque performing arts).  ´Qué buen día´ by Maite Guevara, and ´FIGHT´ by Lasala, will each be performed on September 10th and 11th. Guevara´s is a clown show for all audiences, with a fitting message for the times we live in, encouraging the spectator to reflect on our attitude toward life. Lasala´s piece ´FIGHT´ is based on our relationship with fighting, a primitive bond with us since the beginning of time, fundamental element in life in general and dance in particular.

Fira Tàrrega, founded in 1981 by Comediants, a collective of actors, musicians and artists, has converted the town of Tàrrega (Lleida) into internationally renowned stage for exhibiting and contracting theatre, circus and movement shows, primarily street arts. It is also a meeting place for performing arts professionals, an annual event that takes place in the second week of September, featuring the most recent – and innovative – productions. The Fira offers a wide range of artistic disciplines, with a varied offer for all audiences, including both Spanish and foreign productions.

This year´s programme includes 57 performances, 24 of which are the result of the fair´s Creative Aid programme. The companies come from Catalonia (50%), the rest of Spain (25%) and other countries (25%). Street arts shows or shows in non-conventional venues account for approximately 60% and the remaining 40% are performed indoors or in conventional venues.

Sign-up for our Newsletter

Subscribe